Section 0 - Purpose
To affirm Te Roopu Atawhai . commitment to protecting, providing and maintaining the privacy of personal information and images of its members. Te Roopu Atawhai . collect and store any personal information necessary to underwrite and administer to the needs of the membership and to maintain and improve membership services and facilities.
Section 1 - Scope
This policy applies to ALL members of Te Roopu Atawhai . in situations or circumstances related to their involvement, undertaking or participation of any activity for Te Roopu Atawhai Inc.
Section 2 - Definitions
MEMBER OF TE ROOPU ATAWHAI.
- A person who has satisfied all financial requirements of Te Roopu Atawhai . and also includes members of the committee or other body established by or constituted under Te Roopu Atawhai . policies and procedures.
- Information that uniquely and personally identifies you.
- Images include, but are not limited to: Still photography and video recordings.
Section 3 - Policy Statement
Te Roopu Atawhai Inc. collect and store any personal information necessary to underwrite and administer to the needs of the membership and to maintain and improve membership services and facilities by:
Disclosure Of Personal Information and Images
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed by Te Roopu Atawhai., as allowed by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles included in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act, 2000.
By law, TRA must disclose, or share in part with other organisations, including:
- Mail contractors to enable the delivery of documents and communications to members;
- Officers of a government law enforcement agency in connection with the lawful performance of their duty;
- A debt collection agency for financial default purposes;
- Send direct mail to members with news of special offers or the availability of new products or services;
- To another member of Te Roopu Atawhai . either in Australia or overseas;
- When acting as a representative for TRA when dealing with contractors or third party contractors.
- Demographic information when required to be used in publications
- Personal information and/or images will NOT be disclosed or used in publications unless otherwise consented to by its member(s)
SECURING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unauthorised access to your information is prohibited by Te Roopu Atawhai . and computer and network security software has been installed, including password protection processes for all Te Roopu Atawhai. documentation and information.
Only members authorised by the Executive Committee have access to the data file information, and hard copies of information are stored in locked cabinets or equivalent off site secured storage areas.
WITHDRAWING CONSENT FOR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
If you do not consent to any of the disclosures above please advise Te Roopu Atawhai . in writing and your personal information will not be used for this purpose. This exemption cannot apply where Te Roopu Atawhai . is required by law to provide such disclosure. If you do not object to the uses or disclosures as stated above, Te Roopu Atawhai . will accept this as having received your express consent.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Members may, upon written request, access their own personal information which TRA has obtained from membership application forms and the related product or service forms it currently holds.
If for any reason TRA is not in a position to release another individual personal information, for example in cases where it would be unlawful to do so, we will notify you of this refusal and the basis for it.
MAKING CHANGES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
TRA endeavours to ensure personal information held is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please advise Te Roopu Atawhai . Secretary as soon as possible if this is not the case, and you will be provided with a Change of Personal Information Form to complete and submit.
This Privacy Statement was last amended on 22nd July 2011.
Section 4 - Responsibility
- Financial members are responsible for their own behaviour and conduct and must not participate in or exchange personal information with other agencies or individuals not in connexion with Te Roopu Atawhai . or its core activities;
- Financial members who believe their personal information has been compromised, or who are aware of or witness personal information being compromised within the membership should report it promptly in accordance with the Procedure;
- May face disciplinary action if they participate in or encourage the exchange of personal information without express consent to do so.
- The chairman has overall responsibility for the implementation and review of this Policy.
Section 5 - Legislative Context
Te Roopu Atawhai . has undertaken to comply with the requirements of the:
- Privacy Act 1988,
- National Privacy Principles included in the Privacy Act (Private Sector) Amendment Act 2000,
- Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000 (VIP Act).
A hard copy file containing your personal information is retained in a secure location in accordance with the Act, and for a further seven years in accordance with current Federal and State legislation governing document retention, before being destroyed.
Under this Act Te Roopu Atawhai . are legally obliged to protect the privacy rights of any individuals about whom Te Roopu Atawhai . may hold any personal information.
Further information on the Privacy Act and any of the requirements contained within can be found on the Office of the Victorian Privacy Commissioner website at www.privacy.vic.gov.au